- Anna M.: PSA: whoever put a mug with coffee in it back in the cupboard should probably try getting more sleep. The coffee clearly wasn't working for you.
May 10, 2013
May 9, 2013
- Gabe B.: draper, FYI: to do code highlighting, use @this@ not `this`
- Gabe B.: If you want to code highlight something that contains an "@", talk to me and I will perform the ritual to give you this most secret of knowledge
- Derek P.: I just checked my phone, ipad, browser tabs, and even my disconnected headphones to figure out where that sound was coming from
- Derek P.: as I was raising the headphone to my ear I thought, "Wow. This is really dumb. These are disconnected." But I did it anyway.
- Gordon F.: haha
- Prem S.: haha
- Prem S.: you just got campfire'd
May 3, 2013
- Matt J.: everyone always wants to catch up "over a beer" or "get coffee"
- Matt J.: I want to start some other trend
- Matt J.: like why dont you come over saturday and we'll mow my lawn together and talk about your startup
April 26, 2013
- Derek P.: do we have a security/disclosure policy for our open source projects?
- Joe F.: blind panic and whisky
- (Note: not entirely true)
April 25, 2013
- Diana Z.: Um, I got one.
- Joel O.: Go Diana!
- Diana Z.: Gordon's going to set me up with a Google Glass and I'm going to live stream it.
- Diana Z.: But not, because that's five times illegal.
- Matt J.: I will give you $5 if you submit the talk as Tom Marvolo Riddle instead of Jon Yurek
April 24, 2013
- Gabe B.: wait we went to school together for like 4 years across two schools?!
- Gabe B.: this is a weird moment for me
- Jessie Y.: Gabe we are like best friends!!!!
- Gordon F.: This is a weird moment for a lot of us
April 23, 2013
- Gabe B.: http://namingschemes.com/
- Gabe B.: and of course http://namingschemes.com/Sons_of_F%C3%ABanor
- Pat B.: http://namingschemes.com/Bodily_Fluids lol
- Gabe B.: i'd use blood for staging, sweat for QA, and tears for production
In all seriousness, what’s our company policy on punching a client?
April 18, 2013
- Gordon F.: The Toronto airport has me completely out of my element. People wandering around drinking tea out of actual tea cups, sitting in a lounge with lamps complete with lamp shades waiting for my flight, didn't have to take my shoes off for security. Blowing my god damn mind.
- Matt J.: how much maple syrup
- Gordon F.: 0 maple syrup. Drinking vitamin water like normal people.
- Gordon F.: It's insane.
- Matt J.: how many hockey fights have you broken up
- Gordon F.: Also none. See, I would feel more comfortable if I had seen these things.
- Matt J.: yeah you might be in the matrix and not actual canada
- Gordon F.: I did hear someone use "eh" already, so that made me feel a little better.
- Gordon F.: A dude just walked by with a tiny bowl of almonds. Simply incredible.
- Josh C.: Gordon
- Matt J.: roasted? salted?
- Matt J.: what are we talking about
- Josh C.: are there people walking around in slippers and bath robes
- Josh C.: i mean
- Josh C.: this sounds amazing
- Matt J.: is there a fireplace
- Gordon F.: Matt: I believe roasted.
- Josh C.: and a piano, and deer heads mounted on the walls
- Gordon F.: No fireplace that I can see. Not ruling out bathrobes just yet.
- Matt J.: does everyone get a free dog to cuddle near your feet while you shuffle through the paper and smoke your pipe
- Gordon F.: I'm actually going to ask about that. Seems possible.
- Gordon F.: Guy on the intercom just asked if anyone lost a rake in the bathroom.
- Josh C.: wow.
- Gordon F.: There's a chance I'm on the set of a David lynch movie
- djcp: they let you take rakes on planes in Canada?
- Gordon F.: I have no idea.
April 16, 2013
- Gabe B.: One day you'll pull to refresh and Loren will be working at facebook
- Gabe B.: kachow
April 15, 2013
- Kyle Fiedler: "I like big websites and I cannot lie, You other brothers can't deny"
- Goose Mongeau: That when a page walks in with an itty bitty width
- Goose Mongeau: and a max-width in your face
- Goose Mongeau: You press zoom, wanna cmd + tough
- Goose Mongeau: cause you notice that page was stuffed
- Goose Mongeau: Deep in the tags it's coded
- Goose Mongeau: I'm hooked and I won't feel goaded
- Goose Mongeau: Oh website, I wanna get with you
- Goose Mongeau: and take a screenshot
- Kyle Fiedler: Sir Goose-a-lot
- Derek Prior: If I knew how to "tiny robots" I would
April 11, 2013
- Josh C.: let's back up though - I just want to clarify that I would, in fact, not drink water made from infants